Scientific studies have consistently shown that having a doula attend births positively impacts the medical outcome of the birth for both the mother and baby.
IF A DOULA ATTENDS YOUR BIRTH, YOU ARE:
- more likely to have a spontaneous vaginal birth,
- more likely to have a shorter labor,
- less likely to use pain medication during the birth,
- less likely to have a cesarean section or instrumental vaginal birth,
- less likely that your baby will have a low five-minute Apgar score, and
- less likely to report dissatisfaction with your birth experience.